Project description: Transformation, offices
Location: Strandgade, Christianshavn
Client: Wilders Plads Ejendomme A/S
Gross floor area: 4,000 m²
Year of construction: 2016
The building was erected in 1762 as a warehouse and was converted for office use in 1964. The building is listed grade B.
The strategy for the refurbishment of the Head Quarter for Flying Tiger was to respect the building’s architecture and history, restore the original spatial divisions and expose the structure. Where additional adaptation was necessary it was done with new materials. The large store rooms were highlighted as units spanning from facade to facade.
The entire frontage was opened up with glass doors. Spatial division was mainly done in glass and with visible installations. Recreational areas on the harbour side were completed in natural stone to enhance the solid, maritime atmosphere.